Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Looking to Rid Myself of Diamond Resorts (by R P.):

brianq18 wrote:
CAN ANYONE HELP !! my first time on red week. it was recommended by timeshare answers.com. my in-laws urchased 2 one bedroom units @ world golf villas in st. augustine...20 years ago..no mortgage anymore she spents 1,300 in maintanence. she doesn't want it...my wife and i don't want it....could you please help recommend a newbie to this timeshare madness ? this timeshare thing sounded great to my father-in-law 20 yrs ago..but he's dead 10 years now..and the bluegreen units have sat empty 17 out of the 20 years..my family and i used it for outside of disney world and didnt like the resort we stayed at. can we just not pay next year's maintanence and walk away ? i'm concerned how this might effect her credit. thank you in advance for your help/comments/advice.....brian quinn

If she merely wants to rid herself of ownership you could suggest that she place an ad in Redweek's Bargain Resales to give it away and offer to pay closing cost:

http://www.redweek.com/featured/bargain-timeshare-resales

Also, depending on your mother-in-law's age .... if she isn't planning on purchasing something on credit or finding a job, then her credit rating shouldn't make a difference one way or the other.