Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: What is the industry doing about the secondary timeshare market? (by Jeffrey W.):

Thanks for your response. First, there is no MLS for resales. It does not exist. If you sell your week on the resale market, Marriott will definitely impose restrictions on the usage by the new buyer. But that is not a problem if the buyer wants to use the week, just as you have, or if they want to exchange it on Interval. Only restrictions I know of are that Marriott will not let the new buyer exchange the week for Destination Club points or Marriott Reward points. Other than that, most Marriott properties have a real resale value: not what you paid, but what others are willing to buy it for now. Newspaper ads may not give you any results. Most buyers are online now, so try one of the online services. Also keep in mind that the resale market right now is lousy, with many very good weeks and intervals selling for nothing. An obvious option to me is renting your unit. The timeshare rental market is hot while the resale market is cold. Suggest you list your weeks or intervals for rental and see what happens. Good luck and please keep me posted on what happens. I have one other comment. Suggest you contact ARDA directly about your proposal about property. They may have some additional ideas for you.