Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program (by Elise F.):

tracey75 wrote:
If you go to TUG there are plenty of happy legacy DC points members. There are also plenty that worked through the numbers and decided the DC was not for them and never joined.

The resales that Marriott broker are owners reselling through Marriott. Marriott sets the prices and takes a commission. I believe it is either 30 or 40%. The don't list everything they have for sale but they have some listed at: https://www.marriottvacationclub.com/resales/index.shtml

Marriott Resales' commission is 40%. I just sold one of my two Cyprus Harbour, FL weeks that way. You are told up-front what the selling price will be and what you will get after the commission is taken out. Since we agreed to the price, they sold it for us. It was comparable to similar weeks prices being sold on Redweek, so that's why we let Marriott do it for us. But we had to be on a waiting list for about 6 months first before it was advertised for sale. That was ok with us since it wasn't urgent to sell it.