Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Vida Vacations Bait & Switch (by Mary M.):

My husband, myself, sister and my brother in-law were deceived into buying something we can't use. All four of us took the presentation at the Grand Mayan in Cabo we made it clear we always vacation together and needed a 2 bedroom with a kitchen.

What we wound up with was a hotel unit and 50 HSI breakaway weeks. You can see by the floor plan attached how they deceived us.

When they made the circle their exact word were "this is what you get".

After we finished paying our downpayment I called to make a reservation that's when I was told I would have to use breakaway weeks to get a 2 bedroom, but I could not use breakaways at any Grand Mayan we would have to exchange to another resort. We bought it to use there!!

Trying to make the best of it we remembered the Vida sales rep making a big deal on how easy it is to rent out the weeks through brokers that their members use. I couldn't find the list in my paperwork so I called back customer service and they sent me a list of brokers.

As you can see there are four on the list, so I wanted to see who was the best. Upon looking them up online, one was worse then the other.

Knowing I was feeling ripped off they send me a list of scammers. Unbelievable!!! Obviously I didn't use them so now I'm stuck and The Grand Mayan says there's nothing can do.

I urge The Grand Mayan to do the right thing.

Mary M