Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Dream Travel Condos anyone? (by Casey C.):

I booked a condo at the Marriott Surf cCub in Aruba with Tonya at Dream Travel Condo LLC over 6 months before traveling. She sent the typical agreement which I signed and I sent her the entire payment for the vacation rental. I never heard back from her again. About a month and a half before my family of 8 was to go on our vacation I called her office to inquire about receiving a confirmation number. The phone went into voice mail and said the voice mail was full. I thought that was odd for a reputable business so I became concerned. I then emailed Tonya and she did respond that "as it said in my agreement I would be notified by the resort 14 days in advance of my arrival with the confirmation information." I accepted that as the truth and waited. 14 days went by and I once again tried calling. Same recording on the phone, voice mail full. I emailed her again and she promptly replied and now she changed her story that it was 7 to 14 days. So 6 days before our departure, with no confirmation in hand, I called and emailed several times. guess what…same recording on the phone. No email back. After a day she finally emailed and said the booking system had a "glitch" and I would now receive my confirmation in 48 hours, less than 48 hours before I packed my family up to fly out of the country. I told her I needed a confirmation that day. She could not provide one. She never responded with a phone call to reassure that our reservation that we paid for 6 months previous would still be available, her response was that she would just refund the money. Good that she did that, but I was looking for a vacation rental, not to have my money reside with her for 6 months and then be stuck with trying to find another location 5 days before we leave. I have since rented another condo at the same vacation property and got my confirmation within 3 hours. Buyer beware with this so called company. There is poor communication and a true lack of customer service. She will want to defend her actions here as she has with every other customer she has done this too but you make the choice.