Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Preston Green / Vacation Homes Only Fraud Warning (by Margaret H.):

Yes Paul, I agree! This literally ruined our vacation as I learned of the mistakes right away so I spent a good part of the two weeks trying to get it worked out. Marriott was incredibly helpful and sympathetic to our situation, but in the end there was only so much they could do as it was during a tournament and all accommodations were tied up. As an aside, my refund will ONLY cover our extra expense that we paid out of our own pocket so we could be assured that we would have a place to stay. We are actually only trying to get REIMBURISED for our extra costs to say nothing of our original payment or time and stress due to non-compliance of our agreement.

These agreements are only ironclad insofar as they protect Vacation Homes Only. They get paid upfront (in our case, a year) and they apparently try to find accommodations for you later, thus why they won't give you a confirmation number - they don't have one.

So again, my latest communication is that "The check is in the mail". Perhaps going by pony express. I'll keep everyone posted.