Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Festiva buying Escapes (by NoOneYouKnow):

Timely that this thread is active again, since today was check-in day at SBV.

Beware . . .

Things were different than ever before.

First, I did not recognize the two ladies in the office. After I gave all my personal information to the first lady at the check-in desk, she said, "All you need now is your . . ." and I said, "parking pass."

I was directed to the (new) second lady at the (new) second counter, 10 feet from the first counter. Since I was the only one checking in, (new) second lady heard everything that just went on, but she had a form I could not see, and she asked the same personal questions, plus a couple more.

Frankly, she had a different appearance and attitude than the first lady. I'm sure y'all know what I mean when I say she had that timeshare sales aura about her, as opposed to an hourly administrative employee.

I obliged her with more personal information than I really cared to give, and then she said, "Let's get your Members' Update scheduled."

At that point I couldn't control the chuckle that had been building up inside, so it came out.

She said, "When was the last time you had a Members' Update? It'll only take about 10 minutes."

I said, "Ma'am, you have no idea how much I do not need your update."

I took the parking pass and left.

caveat emptor . . . they're looking to get into your pockets to be able to do the same thing you are already doing. - - - - - - As I left I had a random thought . . . At the point in the sales presentation when they make their offer, say for $10,000 or whatever, I'm thinking I should say, "I've got the same thing . . . I will offer it to you for free."

If they are offering something as valuable as $10,000, or whatever, why would they not take one from me, for free? - - - - - - A second thought I had after leaving was to give (New) second lady my email address, to see if they have figured out what that is yet.