Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

You may be able to get some money back from DRI. I did and here is how... (by Rick M.):

I got rid of my DRI timeshare (kaui) a few years ago, thank God! We did loose thousands after doing this but it was well worth it...no more headache! One good thing out of that timeshare was that my family and I enjoyed many Hawaiian vacations with it, BEFORE they were bought out by DRI. I was able to get a few thousand dollars refund from DRI after they had me agree to not let anyone know about this but I'm doing it anyways!! Briefly, here is how: Several years ago I, like many of you was talked into buying more points for a few thousand dollars, to get more time. After everything started happening (assessments, etc) I filed a complaint with the BBB on what DRI was doing. It was a few years ago and I don't remember specifics of what I said but basically it was about their unfair business practices. Not long after doing this I was SHOCKED to get a phone call from a DRI "bigwig" (sorry but I don't remember his name) saying he would refund me every dollar spent on the "additional points purchase" if I would then tell the BBB it was taking care of. I did not believe him but I thought what the heck so I said yes. Within 2 weeks I received a check for that exact amount! I couldn't believe it! I still lost thousands of dollars on this timeshare but that check made it a bit more bearable. This was several years ago but It might be worth it for you guys to try this! If you do, good luck!