Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Getting out of contract: past recission period (by Don P.):

I got rid of two timeshares in 2011. I contacted the resorts and told them in no other terms that I was going to get rid of them with or without their assistance and that it was in their best interest to work with me. I was current in all my fees and assessments. They agreed and it took a few weeks and I only had to pay minimal filing fees. I made many phone calls and made sure I talked to the party that handles those matters. Don't email or write letters. Be persistent and make sure you contact the right party. Instead of paying someone money upfront and worrying about being ripped of I decided to do the leg work myself.

I made it my priority to rid myself of those properties and if they didn't agree to the deed backs I would have transferred them out of my name and they would have to worry about losing maintenance fees and the cost of legal fees only to end up with the title back in their name. Sometimes you have to fight your own battles and stick to your guns. The scammers prey on people who won't fight their own battles.