Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Joy A.):

Thank you for your explanation. I have owned my first one since the 80's also, but even then, my first week was only worth 100,000 Rewards points ( because I made the mistake of buying Gold, not Platinum) and you could only turn in every other year for the Rewards points.... Yes, a " Rewards world trip" for 200,000 Rewards points would get you..7 nights in any Marriott hotel,2 plane tickets ( not points) any where in the world and 7 nights Smallest Hertz rent a car was a FABULOUS DEAL....and unfortunately, has been gone many, many years. Marriott Rewards points have been devalued several times over the years. That being said, that was not what we bought. Your contract was for 7 nights in your timeshare...in your case Sabal Palms, and you still have a right to occupy what you bought, and leave it to your kids. Interval has tightened the reins and you are now definitely getting trades of comparable worth where in the past in was easy to trade up. Points make it easier to get what you want....just less of it. Take advantage of the Sunday-Thursday rates as you can stay those five nights for the same point total as what Friday and Saturday will cost. Try a local Hampton for the weekend if you want to stay longer. I have done this for several years...you are essentially able to get 10 nights ( as long as they are Sunday- Thursday) for the same point total two weekends would cost you...not a bad deal!