Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Wyndham Buy back Program (by Sheila H.):

I am a little intrigued by your message. My husband and I got roped into purchasing half a purchase (84,000) points. We live in Canada and can't afford it. Of course they preyed on our emotions the day of the presentation. In any event I would just like to give it back to them and not have to pay for it anymore. We are three years into the payments and financed it through them. So in purchasing it for $15,000 we still owe over $10,000. Do you know of anyway I can get rid of it?

notb wrote:
Wyndham is nothing but a scam. DO NOT invest any money in their buyback program. It's just another way for them to steal money from you. If you were as stupid as I was and purchased a Wyndham property, your best bet is to pay it off then find a company to donate it to. The only reason that Wyndham is still in business is that they do not record their salespeople when they are selling the timeshares to people. If they did, they would be convicted of fraud. I was told that A. My timeshare would increase in value, B. If I ever wanted to sell it, I would be able to make a profit, and C. The mortgage would be tax deductible. All of these were lies. The buyback program is just another opportunity for them to stick it in a little deeper. If anyone is reading this, I have an idea: Get a group of people together, and each of you send letters to 10 senior homes explaining what Wyndham really is (a legal con operation). This might make it harder for them to screw people during the sales presentations. That's all.

P.S.: Wyndham is mafia owned. The reason I didn't put my real name and email address in here is that I don't want to get shot walking to the bus one morning.