Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Becky F):

I have had the pleasure of just returning from New York where I stayed at TMC (I have a penthouse) and I certainly "aired my grievances" right in the lobby where anyone and everyone could hear me. According to TMC the penthouses are not rented out to the public, which I find hard to believe, so I reserved my room about 3 months in advance. I had no trouble at all getting a room for the dates I wanted so I was pleased about that however, I made a specific request for a room on the 30th floor with 2 showers as I had 3 friends accompanying me. When I arrived of course they told me that I had a room on the 28th floor with a tub and a shower. I complained very loudly and demanded a room with 2 showers. The guy at the desk said just because I requested a certain room and floor doesn't mean that I will get what I want. So I proceeded to tell him that I was one of the owners who has paid my annual fees so I was wondering what they would do if I stopped paying and reported this to the AG as consideration of the lawsuit currently underway. Right away a female manager came out to the front and told me the same thing that the guy told me and basically I was welcome to come back later in the day to check to see if there was a room with two showers. According to both the guy and the woman, the entire TMC was booked to capacity but they would try. I then responded with "well maybe I'll try to pay my dues that are coming up in May". Miraculously a huge room on the 28th floor opened up. This room is by far the largest room I've ever occupied there. I'm still undecided if I'll be paying my annual dues. Does anyone know the reprecussions of not paying the dues? I live in California so I'm planning on getting some advice from my attorney but I was wondering if anyone has had to deal with this?

chrisv126 wrote:
fellow owners,

NO OWNERS EVEN GET TO SAY"HI" AT ANY OF HIS FRAUDULENTMAJESTY'S MEETINGS. EICHNER IS LIKE AN EVIL PUPPETEER WHO PULLS ALL THE STRINGS, SO DON'T BE A PUPPET THAT HE KEEPS QUIET AND PERMITS HIS SUBJECTS TO SPEAK ONLY IF AND WHEN HE OPERATES THEIR MOVEMENTS.

TRYING TO USE THE MANHATTAN CLUB LOUNGE FOR AN OWNERS' MEETING SOUNDS LIKE A FINE IDEA; HOWEVER, EICHNER IS CRAFTY AND UP-TO-DATE (VIA HIS HENCHMEN), AND I DOUBT IF HE'D ALLOW A MEETING TO TAKE PLACE ON HIS HALLOWED GROUND. HE'D FIND A DEVIOUS WAY TO KEEP US FROM MEETING ON THE 26TH FLOOR, OR FOR THAT MATTER, ON ANY FLOOR OF TMC.

HOWEVER, I'M GAME IF SOMEONE CAN COME UP WITH A VIABLE WAY TO MEET AT THE TMC. MY GUESS IS THAT A PERMIT WOULD BE REQUIRED.........A PERMIT THAT HE'D PAY SOMEONE OFF TO HAVE THIS PERMIT LEGALLY REQUIRED. BUT, LET'S SEE IF ANY OF US IS CREATIVE ENOUGH TO GET THIS MEETING IDEA OFF THE GROUND. THE MEDIA (OUR LEGALLY INVITED GUESTS) COULD BE INVITED TO ATTEND THE MEETING FOR PEPPERIDGE FARM COOKIES AND LAVANZA COFFEE, THAT ARE PROVIDED VIA OUR OBSCENE, LUDICROUS AND EXORBITANT MAINTENANCE FEES. HOPEFULLY ONE OF US OWNERS WOULD INVITE A KNOWLEDGEABLE ATTORNEY FAMILIAR WITH TIMESHARE LAW, RULES AND REGULATIONS TO FURTHER GUIDE US IN PURSUING FUTURE TACTICS THAT WOULD BETTER OWNERS' FINANCIAL AND OTHER POSITIONS CONCERNING OUR CONNECTION AND DEALINGS WITH THE MANHATTAN CLUB.

vanessa175 wrote:
I think it is a great idea for TMC owners to fill the room whether there is an Annual Meeting or not. Of course, he would cancel the meeting. He doesn't want people to come into his meeting and air their grievances, He wants this all to just go away. But, if enough owners attended a meeting,filmed the meeting, and have owners announcing their concerns on film it may help the case. When filming is complete make copies and send to AG, Judge, and Eichner. Maybe then, they will have another idea about how serious owners are and in fact not happy at all!