Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit.....maintenance fees and REAL ESTATE TAX (by Chris V.):

on the MC bill for maintenance fees, there is a separate line for REAL ESTATE TAX. it occurred to me that $3-400 PER WEEK OWNED for real estate tax seems rather steep, even for new york city. how can we determine if the tax levy amount is correct? hopefully one or more of us can answer this question in this redweek.com forum. if not, can anyone direct us to where we can find out if the tax amount per week is correctly figured?

using $300 per week in nys real estate tax, and multiplying by 52 weeks per year, this adds up to a whopping $15,600. this times about 14,000 or more weeks owned (14,000 owners owning only one week) do the math for the total real estate tax collected..........for one year per unit owned. am i being incorrect or over-overwhelmed? could it be that eichner's financial staff MADE AN ERROR? HMMMMMM, I WONDER.

am awaiting a reasonable explanation.

thanks and keep in touch.

chris