Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested? (by Donna R.):

I contacted Wyndham today to do Ovation. I have 3 deeded timeshares I only pay HOAs on and all are up to date on payments. Wyndham classified our gifted timeshares as resale and will not allow us to update our timeshares from the basic. So we can only stay where the deeds for and pay $193.00 monthly for the HOA fees. We used to be able to stay in timeshares on the West Coast where we live, but that ability has been removed. Wyndham has put an assessment of $1050 each on 2 of the timeshares in TN. I have no choice but to hand them back. I cannot afford the $2100.00. I spoke with George in the Ovation Department today - he is sending me the paperwork. This paperwork is to be signed, motorized and returned. Once received and processed they will stop taking the HOA fees. George told me if I stop making the HOA payments they will not do Ovation. So to me it sounds like if you are behind in payments they may not make this as an option. They refused us any points being moved to Wyndham Rewards Card - I get 329,000 per year of which for 3 yrs I've used none or very few the first year my daughter used the timeshare before they locked us out of usage. George refused My request to have points moved to my Wyndham Rewards Card or points to be used within a year period of time. They simply want the deeds back. I fear how long they will stretch this out and force me to continue making the HOA fees for something I cannot use.