Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Sally W.):

maryb, I stopped both mortgage payments and annual maintenance fees this year, and it still feels like one of the best decisions I've made in a long time. Within about 2 months after stopping mortgage payments, my TransUnion credit score dropped 50 points & went from "Good" to "Poor." Through free CreditKarma, I was able to look at both my TransUnion and Equifax credit scores and reports and all the different elements in each report (for some reason, CreditKarma does not include Experian). I saw that Equifax did not carry any listing in my report from TMC or any of it's sub-companies. However, TransUnion carried Equiant Financial (for TMC) and reported me as "late" in making payments, which was the sole cause of my dropping 50 points. I wrote a 3-page letter to TransUnion, starting with my credit report number and my request that TransUnion delete the fraudulent charge from Equiant Financial. I then proceeded to explain that my deed, loan agreement, monthly payments and ALL TMC documentation is with T Park Central, and that I have no contractual or other agreement with Equiant Financial, who is fraudulently reporting me as making late payments. I then described the criminal case currently under way by the NYAG's office against TMC, the shell companies they have created to collect money from owners against the specific orders of the Court, and included links as well as printed pages of two of the NYAG's latest Court documents against TMC and Eichner. I also included a copy of one of my monthly payment requests from T Park Central advising that my payment is overdue (as proof that I'm not making payments to Equiant Financial). I concluded by stating that I can no longer make payments to this criminal organization and am awaiting the outcome of the NYAG's investigation. I stated that, in the meantime, TransUnion's inclusion of any reporting against me by Equiant Financial was not only fraudulent, but in direct opposition to the Court's order that TMC and Eichner may take no action against timeshare owners for non-payment while this Court case is active. Almost exactly 3 weeks after mailing my letter, my credit score when up 50 points, jumped from "poor" to "good" again and, through CreditKarma, I saw that Equiant Financial was completely deleted from my TransUnion report. Yesterday, I received a letter from TransUnion advising that their investigation is complete and the account has been deleted. I highly recommend stopping all payments of any kind to TMC and it's co-companies. If one or more of your credit reports takes a hit, write them a letter giving all the facts and get the action reversed. The evidence is all in our favor and very much against TMC/Eichner.