Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again! (by David K.):

cindys729 wrote:
We have owned a week during spring break for twenty years. Diamond international has changed the rules since they bought our Scottsdale property. We can no longer get the week we have used for over 7 years. They told us it was not available even though we were told in the property office the day before that there were still units available. I lodged a complaint with the Las Vegas headquarters. When the returned our call , we were told the units were saved for points and monitary rentals. We were told they could not fulfill our week request. We have been trying for over 6 weeks to get our floating week at this resort. They then told us points were the way to go and offered to sell us points. We can now not reserve our week as the Phoenix waste management week is just to busy. I am interested in a class action suit applying to bought weeks not worth as much and a suit representing owners actually not getting units so diamond can rent instead

Good luck with that!

We had a class action at Los Abrigados some years back. Result: (1) the attorneys for both sides got paid. (2) the plaintiffs - us - ended up getting something like a $40 credit to use in one year and only at the resort. I got a bathrobe out of it. (3) the attorney fees contributed to the then owner's ILX insolvency and bankruptcy, resulting ultimately in the takeover by Diamond, who (4) promptly jacked up the annual fee and started scamming the deeded owners with their various points schemes.