Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Robert B.):

lauram906 wrote:
In addition to the same complaints everyone else has, my husband and I are retiring and will be leaving NY. We bought our timeshare in 2007 and five years ago paid off the mortgage. As we plan our future we would like to sell it but since there is a glut of MC timeshares on the market we are at a loss as to what to do. We are even willing to sell it for $1.00. but if we can't we won't be able to continue paying the $2500/year maintenance fees, it's a current struggle and will be an impossibility once our income decreases. If we stop paying the fees I was told by a lawyer any property we purchase elsewhere the MC can put a lien on it. *has anyone else heard this??

I've spoken to a representative from the MC about them selling it for us and was told they don't do that. We have tried over the last few years to sell but again with all the legal problems, bad press, inability to reserve rooms, etc. they aren't marketable. All of us 'owners' are stuck.

What to do??

Lauram,

Your first step is to stop paying any more money to TMC and move on with your life. Write it off because its a lost cause. Beware, TMC will charge thousands of dollars to any credit card they have on file for you, even if you ask them not to. Many people have resorted to cancelling the credit card TMC has on file in order to preclude their ability to post unauthorized charges. Your bank will be happy to do that for you. And of course, don't send any payments in the form of a check.

At the conclusion of the AG's investigation, chasing thousands of individual owners for a few dollars of back maintenance will never happen. Eichner and crew are going to be too busy fighting criminal charges to avoid going to jail, and defending against our anticipated class action suit.

Bob Biello