Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Alvan S.):

Howard brings to our attention that TMC is always full. If owners are not getting reservations than transients rent the units via travel agents. Many of us owners who are not paying their maintenance fees and taxes but are still being billed plus interest and late fees. If the restrictions place on Eichner are lifted and he is allowed to collect fees that are now being withheld and add that to the transient renters he now has a better profit picture. Does every owner know that Eichners lawyers claim that the Manhattan Club operation is a "Not-for-profit corporation that owns a timeshare property located in New York, New York" Jeff Weir, correspondent for Redweek (310-275-4929) reports that Wyndham is exploring several exit options for its owners. Has there been any notification to TMC owners as to an owners meeting that is held in Ne York every year. Does anyone know the date, time and place when the next hearing by the AG of New York will take place? I think every owner will agree this situation with existing owners who paid their hard earned money who paid for their time share at TMC which made it possible for the Eichners to develop the Manhattan Club and then be denied what they paid for will be compared with Ponzi, Enron and Madoff. Does everyone know this is the fourth action taken by owners; the previous three were dismissed without ever reaching trial.

Q=howardb21]

Not paying your fees is in no way hurting Eichner, I live in New York and go into NYC quite often, TMC is always full, there is Rental sites that rents out unused none paying Owners Suites,TMC has a highter rating than the Ritz ,on Hotel sites its has a 8,75 rating out of a 10, he is making more money by renting out Owners that that Don't pay there fees rooms next its Location in NYC is rated highter that the Woldof Astoria,Check for your self, I am with every one here, but stop saying to stop paying fees to hurt Eichner, its only making him more money,Hey if you can't pay you can't,yes the fees are twice what they should be, and having to fight to get a reservation on some thing you own is on real but please let the AG, do his thing,