Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

A contract is a legally binding instrument... (by KC):

chichii wrote:
I've no problem with my cc, they're already blocked and will not be able to charge anything more. My main concern is terminating the contract.

Please don't shoot the messenger, but you voluntarily entered into a valid, legally binding contract and subsequently failed to rescind (cancel) that contract during the time period provided to every timeshare buyer who purchases from a developer, by applicable state law.

At this late date, there is no avenue by which you can unilaterally "terminate" the contract. You can ask Wyndham to release you from the contract, but I wouldn't hold out much hope for a positive response. They will most likely just point out that you signed a contract and that the time period provided by law to cancel (rescind) that contract has since expired.

Cancelling the credit card has absolutely no effect on the validity of the contract you signed. If you don't want to (or can't) pay off the contract, you may have no choice other than to default and take the credit hit. There are no magical means by which to just unilaterally "terminate" a valid, legally binding contract without the cooperation of the other party.