Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Chris V.):

thomasm832, NO, maintenance fees are for ONE WEEK'S OWNERSHIP. IT IS NOT ANNUAL, E.G, IF YOU OWN 2 WEEKS IT'S $3,000 PER WEEK ($6,000). IT IS NOT CONSIDERED AN ANNUAL MAINTENANCE FEE.......WHICH AT $3,000/WEEK WOULD AMOUNT TO $156,000.........PLUS THE ANNUAL REAL ESTATE TAX.

keep in touch.

chris

thomasm832 wrote:
You mean per year, right? I think my mom's maintenance fees are around $2000/year. (Which she is no longer paying.)

chrisv126 wrote:
hi, robertb1802,

bob, you present an eye-opener. if the NYSAG has gathered, and you have found, this mound of incriminating information about TMC, have you any idea why the case has met with so many roadblocks to an equitable settlement? perhaps a court referee should step in and demand expediency and speed in resolving this whole mess of a court case.

thanks for doing this thorough "homework" which could be of great benefit to all of us TMC owners. perhaps this information can be channeled to a court overseer (referee) who will influence a more expedient settlement of this court case, both on the parts of the attorneys and the judge.

i have been a victim of the same fraud and issues that you have. i have done some homework as well and found that, overall, no other timeshare in the united states charges more than $1,200 per week in maintenance fees. TMC'S weekly fees for various accommodations approaches the $3,000 per week mark. UNSCRUPULOUS as you say. is there no regulation concerning this matter?..... a rhetorical queston as we owners all know. where does the court fit into this fraudulent scheme?

anyway, pls keep in touch.

chris

robertb1802 wrote:
Frustrated over our inability to ever get a room at our timeshare, I started googling a couple of years ago to see if there were other owners as frustrated as I was. I really got an education when I found the RedWeek.com site, and reviewed all the pages of postings on their “Manhattan Club Lawsuit” link. There are literally thousands of owners who feel as cheated as I do, who have posted complaints. I've been following the RedWeek site since then, and the majority of owners have the same complaint; for years, despite paying our fees, we have been routinely cheated out of the use of our timeshare while the Eichner family and a small circle of TMC insiders have enriched themselves at our expense. The icing on the cake for me and my wife, and what finally convinced us to stop paying TMC, was when we read the NY Attorney General's July, 2015 court filing, which itemizes a remarkable list of allegations of civil and criminal conduct on the part of The Manhattan Club. This includes the charge that for years, Eichner has been personally skimming 4-6 million dollars a year from TMC through a shell management company that had no employees and provided no services what so ever to the operation of the timeshare property. In reading through the filing, I got sick as I learned how badly we have been cheated and how unscrupulous and devious the principals at TMC were as they perpetrated their fraud against us; in our case, for over 10 years. They denied us the rooms we were entitled to while renting those same rooms to the general public via the Internet. The enormity of the fraud and the magnitude of the numbers is staggering... at least 14,000 owners, 250 rooms, 52 weeks a year ( in some cases they actually sold more than 52 weeks a year per unit!) at $2500-$4000 annual maintenance payments each. If you haven't already read this court filing, it is a MUST read for any Manhattan Club owner. Here is the link to that 2015 AG court filing: You may have to paste it into your browser. You’ll be astounded at the mountain of evidence the AG has collected during his investigation of TMC. Reading it convinced us we had been defrauded, our contract broken, and would no longer honor it ourselves.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/DocumentDisplayServlet?documentId=arMAhc2Z8epneiTXUbb_PLUS_yQ==&system=prod

By simply withholding the last two years' maintenance payments for 2 units, and mortgage payment for one, I'm more than $10,000 ahead. Knowing what we now know, I'm amazed that anyone would voluntarily continue to send these crooks money. I encourage all owners to revoke your credit card authorization, stop sending checks or close your account. Just stop funding the effort of the very people who are screwing us.

Bob Biello