Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Amenities fee redux... (by KC):

mikes1668 wrote:
Based on my contact with Diamond' II does not pay these fees and II confirmed that they do not. II does not allow Diamond to charge amenity fees to their guests. Diamond can not justify charging amenity fees to exchangers because the fees have already been paid by the people who paid there maint fees and deposited their unit Going to contacting the Federal Trade CVommission on this

I wish you luck, but I believe that you are fighting a losing battle on this matter. Numerous timeshare entities besides DRI now employ this "amenities fee" requirement for non-owners (i.e., renters and "exchangers") and they apparently can lawfully do so at will. Smuggler's Notch (in Vermont, now managed by Wyndham), for just one example, has also recently adopted this practice for non-owners, requiring separate purchase of an "amenities pass" if not an actual owner at the resort.

There have been extensive discussions of this very subject in the forums of Timeshare Users Group. The consensus is clearly "yes, they CAN do this and yes, they WILL continue to do this". I'd like to see you prevail, but would not bet a nickel on your success. Good luck.