Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Janet H.):

Unfortunately, I do not think that billing or requesting maintenance fees and taxes well in advance of due date is a sign of desperation. My credit card was charged for maintenance fees 7 months in advance the first year I "owned" and since then every year I have received letters, phone calls, etc. urging me to pay fees beginning at least 6 months ahead of due date. After that first year I cancelled my credit card and now pay only with checks, which I send by registered mail to be sure that my account is credited in a timely manner and I will not be charged late fees.

I believe this is just standard practice for TMC.

marionf26 wrote:
Yesterday I received an e-mail from TMC asking me to pay for the unit we inherited . Today I received a phone call. The person asked me why we had not paid. I mentioned to her that the unit goes from June to June so it couldn't be due yet. She then agreed that we were not overdue but it had always been paid in Nov. I , then, informed her we would pay when due and not before. Getting desperate?