Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: New to redweek and selling timeshare on here? (by KC):

brendar298 wrote:
I am new to redweek. Have not seen current postings of people being successful selling on redweek. Am interested in hearing success stories, particularly if your timeshare is on Hilton Head Island or under Coral Resorts. Thanks.

The geographic or location of the resort or "chain" with which it is affiliated and success with any particular advertising site utilized are completely unrelated to one another.

I have no personal affiliation with RedWeek, I am just another paying member and occasional participant in these discussion forums, but it is my opinion that RedWeek is the BEST timeshare site in existence on which to advertise and successfully resell a timeshare. I have successfully sold several timeshares in recent years while "downsizing" our "portfolio" by advertising on RedWeek and I am actually in the process of successfully selling another one right now. I have an interested buyer AND a "backup" buyer if the first one bails out before closing.

Yes, you must PAY to place a "for sale" ad on RedWeek, but it will run for a full year on the best resale timeshare advertising venue available (IMO). You can choose instead to just put an ad on Craigslist for free --- and then likely hear nothing but the sound of crickets (and / or bogus inquiries from would-be scammers) for the next year. Your choice.

One thing I like about RedWeek is that ONLY paid members can even respond to a listing. Anyone can BROWSE RedWeek ads for free, but must pay a membership fee in order to be able to RESPOND to any ads. Believe me when I tell you that this membership requirement goes a very long way toward repelling "tire kickers" and / or scammers. If someone won't invest $20 once a year to rent or buy a timeshare, then they are (IMO) very likely insincere in the first place and just "kicking the tires" (or they are scammers reluctant to identify themselves, which they would have to do in the process of paying for a membership).

Regardless of the advertising site utilized, your timeshare must be fairly and realistically priced --- and there must be SOME demand for it. No advertising site can magically "create" interest or demand for something of no interest or value to ANY buyer. Also, some timeshares (particularly in Mexico, but in some U.S. cases too) have obscene transfer fees that greatly diminish both value and buyer interest. Bear in mind too that no one on earth cares one bit what YOU paid previously. All that matters in the reality of the resale marketplace is the actual resale value to a willing new recipient TODAY. If you originally bought directly from a developer and paid their inflated prices, there is absolutely no doubt that you are going to "take a serious bath" in the resale market. In any event, good luck.