Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies (by Gordon E.):

This is a copy/paste from a TripAdvisor review, not mine but I would agree with it. Just as I do with 'rainz' well phrased post earlier.

"I've always enjoyed my previous previous three stays at Vida vacations. But this year was nothing but a disappointment. The minute we checked in we are upgraded to the Grand Mayan and the Busboys and the car to take to the rooms did not know where to go it took us an hour and a half to check in and finally got to oiroom after a long day of travel. The place is beautiful the food is good and people are nice. Usually you have to sign up for a presentation which in years past we've gone to and sometimes decline but now the incentivize you with the $2,000 peso room credit 10% off your bill and a VP card. So we figured what the heck what's a $150 and go to the hour-and-a-half presentation. So Wednesday morning we get up and go to the presentation from 9:30 to 11 by 10 am the presentation really started and we basically told the sales guy look save your time and money we've been through this before were not upgrading we just want our credit card $2000 peaos + 10% off they want to go on a vacation. That's what was promised We told them we may be upgrading in five years when we are ready to retire and have more time. So those of you been through this knows how this goes then they bring in the closer to try to convince you what we tell them that we've been lied to. And they said well if you don't go to them another hour presentation you won't get your 2000 pesos and 10% off your bill. Then they send another private room and I asked the guy is this where they put the bad people and he says no we don't have a room for that. So then he goes on to tell us we have to sit through another hour presentation finally we said screw it keep your money we will never be coming back and we'll trade with RCIA and interval vacations. Anyway we completely got pissed off and said keep your incentives. Too bad I understand the pressure sales situations but they're just some people that aren't going to bite and they need to recognize that. Unfortunately they lost us for customers for life. We will just eat the investment and go on onto somewhere else. Anyone has any questions please PM me or text me I'll be glad to answer. This is my fourth year here and have a lot of experience in Vida vacation. The problem is I feel these properties are over sold and very busy and very big it's hard to find it's hard to find umbrellas with shade as many people get up early throw their towels on so your stuck in the sun. You can find them but you have to work very very hard looking for them. Goodbye Vida vacations it certainly was not a pleasure! It wasn't like this four years ago they have sold thousands and thousands of memberships since then only for 7 properties that you have to book a year in advance if you want to get in anything than the Vidanta in Rivera Maya. We will be talking to as many y people in the resort as we can to let them know don't go for the incentie and the presentation. I guess you can tell I'm pissed but I do t like being lied to. I'll be by the door tonight talking to people as they enter

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g659488-d10498520-r479174575-Vidanta_Resort-Riviera_Maya_Yucatan_Peninsula.html#"

We haven't gone back for years.