Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: The Manhattan Club Lawsuit - RedWeek's Report & Most Recent Info (by L C.):

Yes... There are at least 3 other NYC timeshare to compare TMC to and maybe a few more then that. Yes... the cost for these has risen during the last several years. And Yes... some are selling for 100K.

Some people are throwing out crazy numbers all over the place, for the total number of owners. I know that for a long time even the AG was trying to get an accurate count. I don't know if they did, but I do know that in 2004 (pre the Metropolitan suites & Studios) the maximum sale goal was 13,780 owners.

I also know that Ownership FEES and Losses Vary GREATLY! When the MF's jumped a few years ago, suddenly the fees also jumped at a TIERED RATE. As some Owners just pointed out: One is paying $1500 every 3 years / One is paying $7000 / some are now paying $14,000 / year in fees. It's the same building, same gym, same business center & lounge. I guess we'll just have to wait to see how this settlement plays out.