Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

HOT NEWS: AG Settles case with $6.5 million settlement against Manhattan Club (by Chris V.):

hi sharon177, if owners paid their maintenance fees and taxes, they had the RIGHT to use their week or whatever amount of time they purchased. but the RIGHT is not necessarily a given entity. they may not have been able to get the specific time that they desired; because of that problem, if they couldn't take alternate substitute accommodation time, they lost the time they paid for...maintenance.

now we come to some reasons their desired time wasn't available: that time might legitimately have been booked completely by other MC OWNERS. on the other hand, eichner and his band of thieves may have rented that space through booking.com, hotel.com or other online hotel reservation sites, making less time available to owners. eichner may have double dipped: owners paid maintenance and did not get desired reservations because space was rented to NON OWNERS. would you put that past eichner? I WOULDN'T.

your not being able to pay your maintenance fee is understandable because the current maintenance fees amount to (for many) 400% more than it was after their initial purchase. my maintenance went from around $6-800 per week to the current $25-3500+per week, an exorbitant, irresponsible, selfish, raise by greedy money mongers in the style of madoff (but not called a ponzi scheme.) i think this opinion would be shared by many of us owners.

perhaps the settlement arrangements of the NYSAG VS THE MANHATTAN CLUB/EICHNER law suit, as dictated by the court will see to it that the duped and defrauded owners get generous consideration and compensation for the financial losses they sustained because of this unfortunate purchase.......YOUR NEW YORK CITY "HOME AWAY FROM HOME" as told to us when we first sat down with the lying salespeople in the infamous 2nd floor sales office.

keep in touch.

chris

sharon177 wrote:
Did the owners who paid their fees also use their time? I honestly would have paid my fees if I'd had the money but $3726 CAD annually was very difficult to find. It is heart breaking for us as we love going to Manhattan. I'm sure my unused days were sold on Expedia or similar websites so income was still received and yes it went to Eichner, but so did the maintenance fees.