Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

HOT NEWS: AG Settles case with $6.5 million settlement against Manhattan Club (by Chris V.):

hi kathleen,

kathleenf77 wrote:
It would not be fair to have debt forgiveness of any unpaid maintenance fees. Every year, since the outrageous increase in maintenance fees, the $3500+ was very hard for my husband and I to pay because we are on a fixed income. However, in order for us to keep our good credit rating, TMC allowed us to pay a monthly amount until the annual amount was paid in full. This is how we have been paying our maintenance fees for the past few years. In 2016 we did not use our TMC timeshare and was unable to rent it and still had to pay our maintenance fees.

hello kathleen, from your contribution here at redweek.com, it seems that you're very scrupulous and conscientious, perhaps willing to "turn the other cheek"; admirable traits to be sure. i, and i assume many other owners would not be as understanding as you indicated you are: "It would not be fair to have debt forgiveness of any unpaid maintenance fees". in my opinion eichner voided his part of the contract with us as shown and proven by the new york state attorney general's victory in his court case against TMC AND EICHNER. your credit rating would not have been maligned by non-payment of maintenance fees. however, non payment of a mortgage, if you had one on your purchased week(s), would have lowered your rating. you're giving too much credit to TMC when you state: "TMC allowed us to pay a monthly amount until the annual amount was paid in full." my, how wonderfully magnanimous eicher and TMC were to extract the exorbitantly outrageous maintenance fees from you on a monthly basis.............and your NOT BEING ABLE TO USE YOUR TIME. i fully understand your good faith efforts; however, all eichner was interested in was raking in your hard-earned dollars, so he was so (sarcastically) so very kind to let you pay the fee in installments. eichner is a very shrewd, clever and fraudulent business man interested only in building his property empires with your and others' ill-charged money/fees.

so kathleen, i hope you and the rest of us defrauded, scammed and duped owners get our just financial and real estate dues that the court settlement will, in good conscience, hand down to us.

stay as nice and fair as you appear to be; you're most likely a better person than i, MAIS, CHACUN A SON GOUT.

HAPPY LABOR DAY, and keep in touch.

chris