Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

time share exiting info and credit rating (by KC):

debbiew407 wrote:
If my payment goes to a company in Navada would that mean the contract would be US?

Not necessarily. Examine your contract; it should spell out in clear and specific detail the names and country locations of all companies associated with your particular transaction..

Your contract was executed in MEXICO, that much is certainly clear. The fact that your loan payments are apparently sent to (and processed through) a Nevada address does NOT necessarily mean that the Mexican RTU entity actually has a "business" presence here in the U.S. in the eyes of the law. It is possible that they simply have some sort of contractual arrangement with a U.S. entity (which is not necessarily any part of their own business enterprise located in Mexico) to handle and facilitate receipt and processing of payments, perhaps also assisting in currency conversion on behalf of the Mexican operation.

I have no knowledge of your contract, so I do not want to offer any incorrect information OR unfounded speculation. You might want to consider bringing your contract directly to a licensed attorney in your geographic area --- someone who is familiar with contract law (initial consultation should be free or inexpensive). You can then discuss the ramifications (if any) of defaulting on the loan that is associated with YOUR Mexican RTU contract. No one in these discussion forums can provide fully informed or completely reliable input with no direct knowledge of YOUR specific contract and / or its' content.