Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Sunilda J. S.):

I keep telling everyone that still owns (mine was bought back for $200), that Small Claims Court is effective at getting some of your money back. It is also a big nuisance to them to have to provide a lawyer each time. The only caveat is that there are limits for how much you can sue for. These limits change from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. You can find out how much that limit is, at your individual county and sue for that. They have to send a lawyer TO YOUR court, and defend there. If we all do this, it will be a big pain in the tukus to them, and each individual may even get something out of it. Even $5,000 or $10,000 would be an improvement to what we have now. As I have used the Small Claims Court, you have to show up prepared with documents, any emails that were sent to you especially, any that might describe the wonderful investment this property would be, the possibility of using it on individual days, as needed. The original brochure, would probably show many advantages that then turned out to be unavailable. If anyone has evidence that the days they wanting were not available to them, but then available on Travelzoo.com ...well, that would probably be spectacular. In the Small Claims Court, the threshold for proof is lower as the mediator understands that the litigants are not lawyers, but just some wronged individuals. I have won every time I went. I felt wronged during 2 car accidents and was successful in getting my claim met. Unfortunately, we cannot sue because when we sold back, our closing papers stated specifically that we cannot sue them. If anyone wants to do this, please contact me and I can walk you through it.