Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Wyndham / RCI? (by Jeff S.):

The "conflict of interest" and "breach of contract" To me come from--- I signed a contract WITH Shell Vacation Club that included R.C.I. "Before" Wyndham Bought SVC. When Wynd. bought S.V.C. although they "own R.C.I. they switched us over to Interval Int. 1.my exchange fees are higher 2.places are harder to get it. 3. I can't buy an I.I. platinum membership UNLESS I buy more OR UPGRADE S.V.C. membership. To me the "Breach of Contract" comes in Not because they (S.V.C.) added I.I. but because they "DROPPED/CANCELED my membership with R.C.I.--- i UNDERSTAND companies can add anything the want to a contract- without making a NEW contract. However by subtracting/ canceling my membership to R.C.I. they in effect CHANGED/RE WROTE my contract without my approval or signature. Example- you buy a membership for 1 year at a golf course-that allows you to play every Saturday no green fees ,cart fees or caddy fees and 1 free guest. Then in the middle of your contract they say--- we changed who we have manage the golf course.- Now you can ONLY get free cart carts,green fees and caddy fees on Wednesday,- but KEEP in Mind-----you signed the contract and they signed it. That's the whole reason behind a " signed contract". So you nor they can just willy-nilly changed thing. Another example--- Your cable T.V.--- you sign a contract for 1 year for 158 channels- 3 months into the contract- they can't drop you to 58 channels then charge for the additional 100 channels--- that IS a breach of contract because it has been broken. They can add additional change free of charge or for a fee--- but they can NOT break the original contract until the year is up. I am a believer of timeshares- and there are some that are good- However I find it amusing their own industry won't clean themselves up. I also think people look at them wrong- they are thinking long term financial investment-That's like going to goodwill and buying already worn shoes then thinking there worth something or more later. Timeshare are nothing more than an investment in yourself and are only valuable to the individual. One way they industry could improve is offer the actually buy back at a pro-rated rate up to a certain time and then a flat % of cost after that. Here's what I really don't understand- Why they would rather have unhappy clients and owners. I have yet to see one solitary thing anywhere on any website-- saying something good. As an industry or an association member I'm be embarrassed to even tell people where I worked. By the way I bought a 2nd membership that was a member of I.I.--- and figured I cover my bases" R.C.I. and I.I.... 2nd I.I. I can move up to a Platinum ( I am). and have bought several R.C.I. CRUISER packages--- which by the way I.I. doesn't offer

ken1193 wrote:
For what it's worth and to be very clear, Wyndham has owned RCI outright for years now.

Wyndham sales personnel are certainly famous (maybe I should say infamous) for being very deceitful and very aggressive. Frankly, I wouldn't believe a single word they ever say in those "updates" or "presentations". They are among the worst in the U.S. timeshare industry in my personal opinion, right along with the slimy and deceitful sales force of Westgate.