Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit SMALL CLAIMS (by Dks):

If that is the case, I wish I had known...I was involved with 3 attorneys, one in NY (and actually talked to and got advice from two others in NY, one supposedly a big shot) and was never told the information you are sharing. It's is really good that you know this and are including this information with your trust documents (have you confirmed this with any other attorney or with the State?). My mother only started realizing what a scam she had become involved with and then died before she could do anything about it.. I will be seeing an attorney soon to update our trust and wills and will see what he can do, as we don't have children, though we have cousins etc to whom we would like to leave some of our estate and we don't want to saddle them with this situation. I hope there may be a way out with new owners of the club, if that ever happens.

laurah136 wrote:
I have said this before and a New York attorney made the same comment months ago: you cannot be forced to inherit and pay the maintenance fees. The attorney who contributed quite a bit on this subject put it quite clearly. You execute a disclaimer within 9 mos. after death. Don't try to sell it or do anything. His comment was around April of 2017. I am putting this information with my Trust documents so my children can decide whether or not they want the timeshare when the time comes! There is a little more to this so you really need to follow the legal steps. See your estate attorney. If you've already paid the assessments it's a bit late to do anything, I would think.