Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies (by Lara B.):

I am absolutely disgusted with the discrepancy between what our sales person SAID and what the contract says in fine print. It's like we had two different conversations. I wish I had read the posts earlier. I NEVER would have entered into a contract with VIDA / Vidanta / Mayan Palace had I known how difficult it would be to schedule vacations with them anywhere besides Mexico. And the fact that they said they'd buy back our timeshare but didn't. They are a fraudulent, dishonest company in it for the money only. Our salesperson, Roger Pazdera told us Vida would buy back any weeks we didn't use. He said they enjoy seeing us but would rather have the opportunity to sell to others and therefore would pay us to give up our weeks. They also said that everyone was on the same playing field with this vacation club, unlike most timeshares. Well guess what, there are different tiers with Vida too. They said they would give us an "anytime week" within our membership that we would be able to use year after year. Guess what? That's only for 1 year and ONLY at their resorts in Mexico. Our salesperson, Roger, also said we could use our travel fund to pay for airlines and rental cars. Wrong. Fine print says the is not the case either. They said there would only be one number to call back to book a vacation. More lies. You have to go through so many channels and call different numbers that in the end, it's just not worth it. Some of the resorts listed on their website are completely shut down, inactive, or do not exist. I could go on and on but will save my voice for PROVECO, the BBB, my credit card companies, social media and any other website I can get my hands on. VIDA is a fraud and we have been scammed.