Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Update on Owner meeting with RedWeek at TMC (by Jeffrey W.):

For those owners following the daily in and outs of possible issues with the Manhattan Club, here is a quick update.

There are NO class-action lawsuits in the works, to my knowledge.

The next Board meeting may provide owners with a forum to air their issues --- if the board agrees to take questions about implementation of the settlement agreement with the Attorney General's office.

I would like to interview any owners contemplating running for the board, so please call if interested: 310-801-3479.

I met with two dozen owners at TMC recently over the course of two days. They run the gamut from generally happy owns to very disgruntled, including several who just want out. To my understanding, the club is keeping a list of owners who want to deed-back their intervals, but not acting on the list as of now.

All other issues seem to remain the same: the Eichner controlled board still manages the club while it operates strictly as a hotel. Maintenance fees continue to rise, without explanation from the board. The reservation system seems to have improved, for some, while still problematic for other owners. The AG's monitor and restitution claims process may be proceeding, but there are no indications it will come to fruition quickly, since the settlement agreement appears to give the Eichner group up to three years to exit upon finding a new company to take over management of TMC.