Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Info from owner may be incomplete... (by KC):

tracey75 wrote:
Rather than contact the resort directly, I would contact the owner to get the specific weeks that the timeshare floats.

I respectfully disagree. The first timeshare I bought (many years ago now) was a "floating" week ownership. The owner either did not understand (or deliberately misrepresented, I'll never know which) the weeks available for reservation under that "floating" ownership.

Those "floating" details were not reflected in the deed (I had retrieved and reviewed the deed from public records). Inexperienced, I did not verify with the resort the weeks that could be reserved. Since I had a copy of the current deed with owner identity and details, the resort would surely have told me the range of "floating" weeks in that ownership --- if I had known enough to ask. As it turned out, the limited weeks in that "floating" ownership were of NO use or interest to me. I promptly resold the week, at a loss (fortunately, I hadn't paid much for it in the first place). Unlike the person who sold me that week, I provided full and accurate disclosure of the "floating range" reservation limitations to my buyer.

Lesson learned --- the hard way. Don't repeat my mistake.