Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Is there an honest Timeshare transfer company....no upfront fees? (by Lance C.):

janec244 wrote:
My resort does not take them back. I asked. What do I do? I advertised it for free and am current with fees.

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract!

To whom did you speak at the resort? You should try to contact the resort's Homeowners' Association (HOA) rather than just a front desk clerk. Maybe offer to pay closing costs and perhaps even the next maintenance fee. Another thing to do is to say, in no uncertain terms, that you are not paying another nickle in maintenance fees (unless they agree to take it back with you offering to pay the next fee). It would be more rigorous and expensive for the HOA to go through foreclosure than to take your unit back amicably.

As for you advertisement, where did you advertise and how long ago? You might want to offer the taker an incentive such as offering to pay closing costs and the next maintenance fee.

And I will repeat what Don P emphatically stated. Do not pay some company, law firm, charity, etc., money to supposedly "cancel" your timeshare. Those are scams.