Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested? (by KC):

katharinej3 wrote:
If I have a broker sell it on EBay or another site and they make money, do I get that cash or does the broker? How do I keep the broker from taking the sale money? Example, if my timeshare is worth $5K and it sells on ebay for that, I should pay the broker a commission and keep the rest, correct? Just curious.

Not sure why you would need or want to use a broker to sell a timeshare, particularly on eBay, but that's certainly your prerogative.

That observation aside, those (relatively few) brokers who will even bother to sell timeshares generally get a percentage of the actual selling price (before closing costs) or a minimum of $1,500, whichever is higher. Rest assured that the broker will get their "piece" before you receive the net proceeds after closing.

You can sell any timeshare that has any market value on your own, without a broker in the middle of things. There are closing companies that will handle all deed details for under $200, but you first need to find your own buyer. RedWeek is a good place to advertise, but your timeshare has to have some resale market value to begin with.