Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Has anyone used American Consumer Credit to get out of Timeshare? (by Carrie S.):

Did you every call Bluegreen and did they work with you? We went with American Consumer Credit LLC (ACC) 3 years ago and they told us to stop paying the fees, so we did. 3 years later we owe Bluegreen (BG) THOUSANDS in maintenance fees, American Consumer Credit did nothing but take our money and we still have a timeshare and we are in collections. Our next step is talking with the credit card company and seeing if they will give some of the money back under the fraud safeguard plan since ACC filed bankruptcy and to call BG to see if they will let us out of the contract. What a mess this has been. We also have the actual timeshare paid off, it was just the fees we were paying.

briana420 wrote:
Is it easier to have the company take it back if it's fully paid off? We owe nothing but get 8,000 points every two years. We pay $650 in fees every year. We are losing money to get 1 one every two years for $1300 and be limited to which resort/week, etc. This is a Bluegreen timeshare.

I will actually pay closing cost, new fews, or whatever, up to $3000, if I can just be done with it. I do NOT trust these cancellation companies either. Maybe it's time to suck it up and apply some customer service skills and business acumen to Bluegreen. I just don't know what I have to hold as leverage against them? I really don't want the credit hit.