Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Has anyone had dealing with ARC American Resort Collection? (by John K.):

If you find out anything from the bureau please let me know.

deborahk306 wrote:
My husband and I just got off a long phone conference with ARC. We hold a deeded time share at the Americano in Daytona Beach, Florida. Yes, you can switch from Americano ownership to Freedom 365 by quit claiming your deed to the Americano and paying an additional fee to join. Our fee is $6, 995 in addition to the quit claim of our time share. The options they showed me of where we could stay were limited and not at all what we want. When my husband expressed reluctance, the "Manager" got on the phone and the conversation went from casual information sharing to a hard sell. Here is my question, why are they so interested in having all Americano members switch? Out of the goodness of their hearts? I don't think so. They are obviously not going to repair the Ameicano. Their plan is to tear it down and build a new resort. My guess is that they cannot do that until they buy out a certain percentage of the people who hold deeded time shares there. My next call will be to the Florida Attorney General's Office and the Florida Better Business Bureau about ARC and the phone call I just had with their representatives.