Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Reality check for Manhattan Club owners (by Dennis C.):

jeff_reports wrote:
For those of you debating whether to pay maintenance fees while hoping for other legal results, here is a reasonable way to take a 'wait and see' approach to your TMC ownership. Pay your fees, get a good reservation, then list it on RedWeek.com for rent. Many owners already do this, but obviously many do not. I have rented TMC rooms on RedWeek from owners who were happy to get $200 or more per night for a junior suite. The process is easy and inexpensive. In fact, you can list your TMC interval for rent and for resale on RedWeek for under $100 for a six month listing. In my opinion, this is one of the best bargains in timeshare. FYI, I write news articles and Ask RedWeek columns for RW, so you can assume I am biased. But I am also a timeshare owner who has successfully rented many of my units on RW in the past --- long before I started writing news articles for RW. As all of you know, there will be no quick resolution of the legal issues involving the club, so I heartily recommend renting your intervals on RW in the meantime. It is a good way to recover some if not all of your maintenance fees. Check it out.

We have ‘owned’ at TMC since the late 1990’s (and other timeshares). The maintenance inflation and fee subsidy cut-off schedule were not fully disclosed to SOME TMC owners. We had lots of problems getting reservations-but never were denied (we worked the system & had flexibility). They have loosened reservations fie those who are current on mortgages and maintenance. Those who are updated with fees etc might try making reservations again. I get the sense that many have given up. If you still like the place, try again...and don’t settle for old news.