Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Chris V.):

becky,

a definite SECOND on your comments about TIMESHARE EXIT COMPANIES. i personally have researched at least 10 of them: all findings were similar, in essence, DO NOT USE THEM.....the gall.....give us $3 to 10,000, and you'll be free of your timeshare obligations. ok, now where does your share entity go?: is certainly doesn't disappear since you paid to give it away. it's still available for future sale, especially since it's valuable nyc property.

to all other redweek.com contributors, our legal pressure MUST be continued on the current TMC ownership/management, WHOEVER/WHATEVER they may be. does anyone here know who is at the TMC helm.................bluegreen/eichner/a combination of the two evils? i salute those who appear to be continuing their diligence and persistence in eliminating the evil fraud and corrupt lies and scams endured by our purchase of time at TMC. we certainly weren't rewarded by the former nys attorney general's court actions against eichner and his gang of corrupt managerial staff.

what actions against our TMC nemesis are currently on the table? the following seem to be our choices at this time:

1. zimmerman's possible legal actiion, of which the list of TMC OWNER CONTACT INFO would be most helpful, but apparently not forthcoming... not implying that his efforts are not worthy of consideration

2. THE COALITION OF FINANCIALLY DISTRESSED TMC OWNERS, which doesn't seem to be too effective since not enough owners responded ,but at least 80 owner contact data are on our spreadsheet. (i am a co-founder of the COALITION which is still in existence, but not enforceable enough to be a viable entity YET.)

unless i am not aware of other interventions putting strong legal pressure on TMC , the above two possibilities are all owners have to combat TMC.

do we need more? should we combine the efforts that we currently have? should we add other possibilities to add to our arsenal? (personally, i would opt for combining efforts.)

on the question of other possibilities/options:

i would not dismiss appealing to the NEW NYSAG, the honorable ms letitia james. we can do this in the same way we got schneierman to establish his suit against TMC/eichner. true, his inept efforts and the final court outcome were much less-than-helpful to the TMC owners's cause. perhaps ms james would establish a more consumer advocacy environment/atmosphere if we asked for her intervention. our strategy would initially be the same: all TMC owners sending official and individual complaints about TMC using the form on the official website of the NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL. ms james has all the facts that schneiderman produced from our complaints to him and from the court proceedings/recordings that were established during his hearings against TMC. this is not to say that ms james would/should continue where schneiderman left off. i am not aware of procedure here, but i assume that a NEW suit could be brought by ms james.