Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Marriott Right of First Refusal (by Michael B.):

Here are revelations;

I own two Marriott Aruba Ocean Club "Gold" annual use weeks. Just spoke to Marriott about selling back to them. They are not "doing this now" but offered me to give back the Deeds and not pay maintenance but have no use of the weeks. Sounds to me that they just refused the properties if I sell. Not true, since they still want the right of first refusal. Then I contacted the Marriott rental department and they said they are not renting 2020 Aruba now but I need to only show Aruba as weeks, not points. My take is this. You go to a sales pitch meeting and they offer you various "deals" only if you do it today. Most of the deals run as high as $30,000. for a week and allegedly to Marriott sales pitchers are worth much more than renting on your own. Do the math and $1,500. maintenance per year for each week plus say $3,000. per year for 10 years is a start of $4,500. per week before special assessments, utility taxes and other fees in the wind. By my math that's a walk into your "villa" door price of $642.86. But, don't ask for a full room cleaning per day like a hotel because that costs more. No free waters, no free breakfast , but many times free construction noises.