Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Gerard S.):

Yes Louise A, I did use a lawyer but not recently. This whole process began 5 years ago in 2014 & was stalled for a couple of years by the NYSAG investigation beginning in July 2014. In Sept 2014 under lawyer's direction ,I ceased "mortgage payments",maintenance, etc. In Oct 2014 a rep from TMC financial services called & stated that if not paid up account will be reported negatively to the 3 major credit bureaus & also acknowledged that they were contacted by my lawyer. TMC then sent a letter stating that if payment was not received by 10-31-14 they "may" assign account to their collection agency (this never happened) . All letters & phone calls were referred to lawyer. TMC monthly statements still came in like clockwork every month. On Feb 6th 2015 I received phone call from TMC advising at this time TMC is unable to make any moves Re: The Manhattan Club case index 451536/2014 filed with New York County Clerk on 07-25-14 hearing scheduled for Fri 03-06-15. I did attend one court hearing, approx 15-20 TMC owner's present, Eichner not present was represented by a team of 5 or 6 high end lawyers all at one table. Further court dates scheduled were postponed at least 2 or 3X One court hearing attended with about 15 TMC owners assembled in courtroom. At this hearing the court officer announced that unfortunately the hearing had been cancelled at the last minute & there was no time for notifications. I believe Eichner has been previously employed as an ADA in the NYC Court System. He would know how to work it. On 08/16/17 NYS AG Schneiderman(no longer in office due to sex abuse scandal) settles case for $6.5 million. A claims administrator will handle restitution to owners. On 08-23-18 my lawyer called to advise that TMC is ready to do a "deedback" also at this time BlueGreen is now new owner of TMC as per settlement clause. On 01-22-19 I received deedback documents from lawyer signed & had notarized & sent back, this may take 6-8 months due to high volume of deedbacks. On 04-25-19 I received a check for $100.00 from TMC Timeshare Association. There are no negative reports on my Transunion, Equifax or Experian statements, in fact TMC transactions are not mentioned at all positive or negative. On one of the three it showed up briefly in 2014 but was removed. There is one controversial item here: YES, I paid upfront to accomplish this. There is an angry, bitter sounding gentleman on one of these blogs that sounds like a broken record with his mantra of: NEVER PAY UPFRONT TO ANYONE THAT SAYS THEY CAN GET YOU OUT OF YOUR TIMESHARE! He boasts that he stood his ground like John Wayne & forced his way out of 2 timeshares. GOOD FOR HIM! There is a second gentleman that totally agrees with him but adds: "Have you tried calling them up to take it back or try to advertising it for sale". YEAH RIGHT! Let me know how that works out. To sell mine I would have to use the same devious tactics that were used to sell it to me in the first place even if giving it away for free.I'm not cut from that ilk of character. I will agree that there are scammers on both sides of the timeshare aisle the ones that sell it to you & the ones that get you out of it. The bottom line is that what I paid to get out is $5,000.00 less than what TMC was demanding in past due remaining "mortgage", maintenance,tax, etc. Just wanted to put this out there. Do not ask who my lawyer is find your own & negotiate a deal.I don't want the expected accusations of being a scammer or "shill" for one of those sham companies. I will say that my lawyer was no one ever mentioned on these pages or advertised on any media. Best wishes to those who want out.