Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: We are thinking about a Timeshare Purchase, whats your honest opinion??? (by Robert R.):

I also say never buy a timeshare because I think there are many crooks in the business these days. We purchased a timeshare in Mexico many years ago when it was sort of a new thing. We have been very happy with this property, and the maintenance fees have remained reasonable. But when we returned last and went to an update, we found the same predatory sales practices are now taking place there as well. We actually were sold, and canceled during the rescission period (3 days in Mexico.)

Because the first one went well, we bought another in Sedona, Arizona. That company was bought out by another one and the maintenance fees soon rose to intolerable levels. That property was a total loser and we did get out. Due to a non-disclosure agreement I cannot say more. It was horrible. I will never go to another update, nor buy another timeshare. I used to sit in my Sedona timeshare and look online and see that I could be in the same room for half of what I was paying in maintenance fees. "Maintenance Fees" is really a misnomer, as these funds are used for operations and profit. That one unit could be generating $100,000 in maintenance fees a year. It should have gold toilets at that price, but it does not. Maybe the sales person has a gold toilet.

If these products are so great, why do they have to resort to such high-pressure, deceptive and dishonest sales tactics in order to sell them?