Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Is there any hope for someone that got duped into a TS due to false information and being mentally impaired? (by Don P.):

You are not alone . Read through the forums and you will see your story repeated over and over again . Timeshares are sold at a high pressure sales presentation for a reason . If they tried to sell these through advertising and marketing like other products they would go bankrupt . They spend millions of dollars perfecting their sales pitch and they are very good at it . The presentations are designed to wear you down and get you to sign the contract without researching it first .

That being said you signed a legally binding contract . The best solution in my opinion is to get it out of your name and avoid future maintenance fees and assessments . First you need to pay off the loan . I wouldn't feel comfortable giving it to anyone I know since it will become a future burden for them . If the resort will take it back then that's the way I would go.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out .