Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Is there an honest Timeshare transfer company....no upfront fees? (by NoOneYouKnow):

Is it tied to a Deed?

https://www.redweek.com/forums/messages?thread_id=19338

branniganl wrote:
I am a Festiva Adventure Club owner, 4500pts biennially. I originally took out a loan, but that's been paid for since 2010. I was even dumb enough to upgrade in 2012, also paid in full. I am now saddled with maintenance fees every other year, and I haven't used points since 2012. I've recently fallen on harder times and this is one expense that I'm having issues paying now. I called Festiva and explained my situation. The response I received was "You signed a 40 yr contract; there's nothing we can do." I sent them an email outlining my issues. They replied back requesting documented proof of my hardship in the form of bank statements, bills, etc. I DO NOT intend to send them any personal financial information. I haven't found any contract that I signed except the loan documents that have all been paid off. I don't want any money back for this. I simply want to be rid of it. I told them as much, but they don't seem to want an amicable solution. I've thought about reselling, but I'm not seeing a big call for timeshares right now. I also thought about non-payment of maintenance fees, but when I called them, they mentioned collection agencies and destroying my credit. That's a problem for me. I'm just trying to get some ideas of what my options are and what the best path forward is. Anyone has some advice??