Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Exchanging Timeshares for Cruises (by Phil L.):

anitad10 wrote:
Has anyone traded their timeshare through II for a cruise?

We have been on three cruises and the last one was to Alaska and we booked it through AAA travel right inside our AAA office in San Mateo CA.

Our other two went through travel agency's that not only got us a good price but our first choice on everything from flight and times to cabin and dinner setting!

We just spent one and half months on Redweek with our unit offered for rent at The Ridge Tahoe because we found our daughter has finals Memorial week and couldn't go.

We were going to rent a condo in Williamsburg June 3-10,2007 when we rented our unit so our daughter could go with us but this didn't happen.

My wife and I are going up to the Ridge Tahoe ourselves because we have the unit we wanted and didn't want to lose it. We will return on Sat and fly out to Colorado Springs on that Sunday,lucky we have two weeks vacation at this time!

The person who had the ad ahead of us marked it unavailable and gave it to the resort to rent which they did in two days! I e-mailed to find out how things went and he had no action on Redweek either and wanted to get something done and he did!

My daughter decided she would like to go back to Colo Springs where I lived for 10 years as a kid. We took her when she was three and she wanted to go back this year.

We spent six days going over all the sites and the main three that we have used before, Travelocity, Orbitz and finished up with Expedia and they had the best choices and price of all of them! We were able to book a non-stop flight and our first choice hotel and suv of our choice for great price! Doing all this in short period of time reminded me why we went away from timesharing for ten years and we have a kitchen in our hotel room too!

Its funny but we got away from timesharing for almost ten years and now that we own again we end up booking hotel just like last ten years. We pick the one part of Colorado that has no timeshare resorts!

Since I renewed few months ago with II they sent my package with coupons for Hertz and discounts for air. I decided since not using these last year I would save and go through II with these discounts and what a rip-off!

First they show no non-stop flights from Sacramento Ca to Colo Springs. Then they give you flights that take you all over the country with plane changes and layovers before taking you where you want to go! The fee's were hundreds of dollars higher with II discounts than we paid. We will fly non-stop in 2:18 min to Colorado Springs and not 11-12 hours with layovers.

This is like a mom and pop organization!

The I try and setup the rental car and you get charged the high list price that is on every rental site before the discounts depending on your bookings. Hertz takes your 20% off that price and I would have paid about $480.00 for a small car when I have a full size SUV for about $265.00 for the week.

This ticks me off about II because this junk is worthless to anyone doing their home work! I can beat these prices with my AAA or AARP cards!

I would never trade my unit for a discount to a cruise ship with II or most likely any other timeshare trading system!