Car Rental Beware

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Car Rental Beware (by Robert M.):

jayjay I'm curious, when you took them up on the timeshare presentation in exchange for Mexican car insurance, did they draw up an insurance policy and have you sign it? It looks to me like you still paid for insurance if you had to fork over an additional $100.

They wrote up the insurance as part of the rental agreement and when I returned the car they gave me the choice of $250 credit or cash. The $250 was supposed to be the cost of insurance but they found another small print item that cost the additional $100. Since I did not have an accident I assume the insurance would have been good if I had one. Well thats not totally true. I was hit and knocked down by a car when walking in the old town but with only a bruise I chose not to call the Policia much to the relief of the driver who hit me.

In retrospect on our next visit I think we will not rent a car relying instead on taxi's and tour companies. Bob