Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Getting rid of a time share. (by Lance C.):

glenk29 wrote:
Time Shares are God's proof ....that there is a sucker born every minute. I know.....because I was one of those SUCKERS! Stay away from Westgate or any time-share company.

You're a sucker if you purchase from the developer (through their hi-pressure, unethical sales tactics) and don't exercise your right of rescission.

True, I hear that Westgate is not the greatest or most favorably spoken of time share company.

However, not all timeshares and purchases are bad. If you buy resale, then you can usually get a good deal. Also, it helps to do a lot of research before you buy. And when I say research, I don't mean a 2-hour biased sales presentation.

Buyers must do some soul-searching and think 10 or more years down the road. Ask yourself "Will we be able to travel to this resort 3 out of every 5 years (others may suggest every other year)?" "Will we be able to afford to come here that often?" "What will I do when a maintenance fee comes each year around Christmas?"

Most people who have done their research have concluded that buying such a timeshare is a good investment for their future vacation plans. So timesharing is not all that bad. You just have to think long and hard about the long-term finances and benefits.