Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Mexicans Getting rid of a time share. (by R P.):

carlosr123 wrote:
We are mexicans, living in Mexico. My mother owns a Timeshare in Florida, she bought it 10 years ago and she has never used it. We have to give away the weeks to friends and family every year. All payments are up to date. No mortgage, it was paid in full some time ago. The issue is that my mother doesnt want to continue paying mainteninance fees, shee does not want anything back, jut to get rid of the obligation. As that she is retired and does not have the means to continue with payments. If she stops payments, Is there anything the resort can do to make damage my mother ?

It depends on the resort, but they can come after your mother via collection agencies and other means if she stops paying maintenance fees .... the best thing you can do is either offer the week back to the resort or give it away and offer to pay closing costs and this years' maintenance fees. Redweek has a bargain basement ad section for such. If it's a Florida summer ocean front or gulf front week it may have some value. If so you need to place an ad in the sell section here.