Hacienda del Mar

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Hacienda del Mar (by Gayle M.):

If you are one of the owners you should attended a meeting they have every Mon. morning about what's happening at Hacienda del Mar. It was conveyed to us that Fairmount Hotels took over the Cerromar property. They are tearing down the old building (probably somewhere around June so we understand, depending on all the permits needed) They expect a 6 month period for the complete demolition since they cannot use any implodding devices since we are next door! The new plan is for 2 swimming areas. It hopefully will include another river pool arrangement. The new hotel will be 1/3 the size of the Cerromar and pushed back further from the beach area. It was suggested at our meeting that an email or a web site would be available for further information. Change can be very frustrating especially in uncertain economic times. I feel especially sad for the staff at Hacienda del Mar. If no one goes there for their timeshare periods more of the staff will be let go. But no matter what my husband and I truly enjoy our stay and make the most of it!